These tasty burgers are suitable for vegans, quick and easy to make (and cook) and because of the colour from the beetroot actually look kind of like real meat!
Ingredients (makes 6-7 burgers) 10-15 minutes
- 1 medium onion
- Bunch of parsley (I use curley)
- 170g of oats
- 400-500g of chickpeas, drained
- 2 medium raw beetroot
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Salt & pepper to season
- Get a food processor, if you don’t have one I would go for a stick blender, if you don’t have one of them use a standing blender.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion, do the same with the beetroot and place all the items in the food processor and blend together.
- Remove the mixture, it should be a bit like a dough, it it’s still sticky add flour to dry it out a bit.
- Roll into balls each weighing around 6-7 ounces, then flatten the balls into burgers.
- Either wrap individually in cling film to store in the fridge or freezer, or heat around a tablespoon of oil in a pan on a medium-high heat and put a burger/burgers in the pan. Flip every 1-2 minutes until each side is slightly browned and crispy, keep an eye as they can burn quite quickly.
- Enjoy! These can be cooked from frozen, I would cook as above then place in an oven on 180•C for 5-10 minutes.