These mini smoked salmon roulades made a tasty snack and always go down well at a buffet.
Ingredients (makes 5-7 bites) 35+ minutes
- 1 slice of brown bread or white if you prefer
- Enough cream cheese to cover 1 side of the bread
- 1-2tsp of chopped dill
- Smoked salmon slices, enough to cover the bread (usually 1 or 2 slices)
- Start by mixing the cream cheese with the dill to your preference, I usually add salt and pepper but it’s not to everyone’s taste.
- Spread over 1 side of the bread, then take a serrated knife and cut the crusts off.
- Lay the smoked salmon on top leaving around half a cm from the edges clear.
- Carefully roll the bread up so when you look at the ends it shows a spiral of bread, cream cheese and salmon.
- Wrap in cling film and tighten the ends by twisting them round.
- Leave in the fridge for a minimum of half an hour.
- Remove from fridge and take the cling film off, slice with a serrated knife to the required thickness and lay each bite flat on a plate, or eat!
These are pretty simple to make and as I said always go down well. They can be stored in the fridge overnight if you’re planning to use them for a buffet the next day, just leave them wrapped in cling film overnight and slice the next morning.